West Perry Middle School
- West Perry Middle School's student population of 572 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||572 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West Perry Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1801 out of 2,835 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Perry SD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elliottsburg West Perry Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 776 students
2608 Shermans Valley Road
Elliottsburg, PA 17024
(717)789-3931 0.0 9-12 776
- Loysville Loysville Youth Dev Center Grades: 5-12 | 86 students
Loysville Complex, 10 Opportun
Loysville, PA 17047
(717)789-5529 2.7 5-12 86
- New Bloomfield New Bloomfield Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 424 students
300 West High St
New Bloomfield, PA 17068
(717)582-4318 6.0 K-5 424
- Shermans Dale Carroll Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 425 students
6670 Spring Rd
Shermans Dale, PA 17090
(717)582-4256 7.0 PK-5 425
- Newport Newport Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 481 students
559 North 5th St
Newport, PA 17074
(717)567-3806 10.9 K-5 481
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.