West Perry Middle School
- West Perry Middle School's student population of 563 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||563 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West Perry Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,820 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1524 out of 2820 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Perry School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elliottsburg West Perry Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 731 students
2608 Shermans Valley Road
Elliottsburg, PA 17024
(717) 789-3931 0.0 9-12 731
- Loysville Loysville Youth Dev Center Grades: 5-12 | 77 students
Loysville Complex, 10 Opportun
Loysville, PA 17047
(717) 789-5529 2.7 5-12 77
- New Bloomfield New Bloomfield Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 433 students
300 West High St
New Bloomfield, PA 17068
(717) 582-4318 6.0 PK-5 433
- Shermans Dale Carroll Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 394 students
6670 Spring Rd
Shermans Dale, PA 17090
(717) 582-4256 7.0 PK-5 394
- Newport Newport Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 490 students
559 North 5th St
Newport, PA 17074
(717) 567-3806 10.9 K-5 490
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.