West Valley High School
- West Valley High School's student population of 976 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 49 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||976 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West Valley High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 465 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#250 out of 465 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fairbanks North Star Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
Amazing school. Teachers are all wonderful, optimistic. Kids are very, very nice. No troubles with making friends.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - charl
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.