West Valley High School
West Valley High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- West Valley High School's student population of 1,025 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,025 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West Valley High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fairbanks North Star Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairbanks Hutchison High School Grades: 9-12 | 403 students
3750 Geist Road
Fairbanks, AK 99709
(907)479-2261 0.0 9-12 403
- Fairbanks Raven Correspondence School Grades: PK-12 | 1268 students
4762 Old Airport Way
Fairbanks, AK 99709
(907)374-9401 0.9 PK-12 1268
Amazing school. Teachers are all wonderful, optimistic. Kids are very, very nice. No troubles with making friends.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - charl
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.