Effie Kokrine Charter School
- Effie Kokrine Charter School's student population of 156 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||156 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Effie Kokrine Charter School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||n/a||n/a|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fairbanks North Star Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairbanks Hutchison High School Grades: 9-12 | 403 students
3750 Geist Road
Fairbanks, AK 99709
(907)479-2261 0.8 9-12 403
- Fairbanks Raven Correspondence School Grades: PK-12 | 1268 students
4762 Old Airport Way
Fairbanks, AK 99709
(907)374-9401 0.8 PK-12 1268
This is my 9th year working at this school and I have been in the district since 1990. This school by far is the best for teacher/student interaction. I have seen our teachers and staff bend over backwards and stand on their heads for these kids. Meaning they are always there and looking for ways to help and guide these kiddos. The answer is not "close down the school" but help build these students up and prepare them for life. The kids and staff say this school is home and we are family~
- Posted by Administrator - Rhonda Frost-Gillen
This school means the world to the students who go to Effie Kokrine. "I love my school," one Senior said in 12/2016. "Why?" "Because I'm at home here. It's the only constant thing in my life." Effie serves students in grades 7-12 with waiting lists for all the high school grades (2/2017). We have intensive literacy programs grades 7-8, and zero staff turnover since 2014. We've got rising test scores and we're working hard to improve. 11 teachers and 1 head teacher/principal. We know our students. Our students know us. We turn on a dime to meet kids' needs. We work hard to show respect and honor Alaska's native cultures and teach and celebrate cultural learning and values. Our students meet the same graduation requirements as every other school in the district. Both students and teachers like being here.
- Posted by Teacher - James Krall
Close it down and send the kids to a good school. Very lacking in education performance.
- Posted by Parent - mrsjo