Lewis County Schools School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 6 public schools in Lewis County Schools School District, serving 2,587 students. Lewis County Schools School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in West Virginia.
- Public schools in Lewis County Schools School District have an average math proficiency score of 29% (versus the West Virginia public school average of 37%), and reading proficiency score of 31% (versus the 45% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is in the 2/10, bottom 50% of public schools in West Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the West Virginia public school average of 10% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the West Virginia public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Lewis County Schools School District|
|School District Phone Number||(304) 269-8300|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WV)|
|# of Schools||6 Schools||736 Schools|
|# of Students||2,587 Students||272,869 Students|
|# of Teachers||179 Teachers||18,939 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
- Lewis County Schools School District, which is ranked within the2/, bottom 50% of all 56 school districts in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 72% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WV)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 Students||252 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||6 Students||1,818 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||19 Students||4,920 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||8 Students||11,772 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||2,519 Students||245,545 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||118 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||31 Students||8,438 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||180||17,002|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||175||19,787|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||201||19,402|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||187||19,150|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||176||19,659|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||200||20,069|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||227||20,218|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||190||19,539|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||176||19,780|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||156||19,958|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||210||21,317|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||172||20,164|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||170||18,547|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||167||18,277|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,849 in this school district is less than the state average of 11778. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,283 is less than the state average of $12,810. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WV)|
|Total Revenue||$29 MM||$2 MM|
|Spending||$32 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,849||11778|
|Spending / Student||$12,283||12810|
Lewis County Schools School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Jane Lew Elementary School 6536 Main Street
Jane Lew, WV 26378
Grades: PK-4 | 311 students
- Lewis County High School 205 Minuteman Drive
Weston, WV 26452
Grades: 9-12 | 719 students
- Peterson-central Elementary School 509 Berlin Road
Weston, WV 26452
Grades: PK-4 | 521 students
- Leading Creek Elementary School 15300 Us Highway 33w
Linn, WV 26384
Grades: PK-6 | 160 students
- Robert L. Bland Middle School 358 Court Avenue
Weston, WV 26452
Grades: 5-8 | 720 students
- Roanoke Elementary School 1176 Oil Creek Road
Walkersville, WV 26447
Grades: PK-4 | 156 students
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.