Western Coventry School
Western Coventry School places among the top 20% of public schools in Rhode Island for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Western Coventry School's student population of 362 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||362 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Western Coventry School is ranked within the top 10% of all 282 schools in Rhode Island (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (RI)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#15 out of 282 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||13:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Coventry School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Coventry Washington Oak School Grades: PK-5 | 583 students
801 Read School House Road
Coventry, RI 02816
(401)397-1976 3.8 PK-5 583
- Coventry The Regional Career And Technical
40 Reservoir Road
Coventry, RI 02816
(401)822-9499 4.5 n/a n/a
- Clayville Clayville School Grades: PK-5 | 142 students
3 George Washington Highway
Clayville, RI 02815
(401)647-4115 4.8 PK-5 142
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.