Westwood View Elementary School
Westwood View Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Westwood View Elementary School's student population of 308 students has grown by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||308 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Westwood View Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,265 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#36 out of 1265 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shawnee Mission Pub School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kansas City Frank Rushton Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 330 students
2605 W 43rd Avenue
Kansas City, KS 66103
(913)627-3050 0.9 K-5 330
- Mission Roesland Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 362 students
4900 Parish Dr
Mission, KS 66205
(913)993-4700 1.1 PK-6 362
- Kansas City Allen Village High School Grades: 9-12 | 186 students
706 West 42nd Street
Kansas City, MO 64111
(816)931-0177 1.4 9-12 186
- Kansas City Kansas City Neighborhood Academy Grades: PK-3 | 203 students
1619 E 24th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64108
(816)418-1500 1.4 PK-3 203
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.