William G Mather Elementary School
- William G Mather Elementary School's student population of 271 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||271 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- William G Mather Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1179 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Munising School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Munising Alger Maximum Correctional Facility Grades: 9-12
600 Industrial Park Dr
Munising, MI 49862
(906) 387-5000 0.5 9-12 n/a
- Munising Munising High And Middle School Grades: 6-12 | 346 students
810 East State Highway M28
Munising, MI 49862
(906) 387-2103 0.7 6-12 346
- Eben Junction Superior Central School Grades: K-12 | 338 students
E2865 State Rd 94
Eben Junction, MI 49825
(906) 439-5531 15.5 K-12 338
- Deerton Autrainonota Public School Grades: PK-8 | 42 students
8790 Deerton Rd
Deerton, MI 49822
(906) 343-6632 18.9 PK-8 42
- Marquette Marquette Branch Prison Grades: 9-12 | 6 students
1960 Us Highway 41 S
Marquette, MI 49855
(906) 226-6531 32.5 9-12 6
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.