Ki Sawyer Elementary School
Ki Sawyer Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Ki Sawyer Elementary School's student population of 256 students has declined by 48% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 36% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||256 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ki Sawyer Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1800 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Gwinn Area Community Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gwinn George D Gilbert Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 303 students
250 W Iron Street
Gwinn, MI 49841
(906) 346-9283 3.9 K-5 303
- Marquette Cherry Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 442 students
1111 Ortman Rd
Marquette, MI 49855
(906) 225-4399 10.8 PK-5 442
- Marquette Marquette Branch Prison Grades: 9-12 | 6 students
1960 Us Highway 41 S
Marquette, MI 49855
(906) 226-6531 10.8 9-12 6
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?