George D Gilbert Elementary School
- George D Gilbert Elementary School's student population of 303 students has grown by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||303 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- George D Gilbert Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1397 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Gwinn Area Community Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to George D Gilbert Elementary School is Gwinn Middlehigh School (0.3 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gwinn Ki Sawyer Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 256 students
411 Scorpion Rd
Gwinn, MI 49841
(906) 346-5567 3.9 PK-5 256
- Marquette Cherry Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 442 students
1111 Ortman Rd
Marquette, MI 49855
(906) 225-4399 14.0 PK-5 442
- Marquette Marquette Branch Prison Grades: 9-12 | 6 students
1960 Us Highway 41 S
Marquette, MI 49855
(906) 226-6531 14.2 9-12 6
- Arnold Wells Township School Grades: K-8 | 10 students
38211 Co Rd 426
Arnold, MI 49819
(906) 238-4200 16.4 K-8 10
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.