Wells Township School serves 15 students in grades Prekindergarten-8.
Wells Township School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Michigan for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is ≥50% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 48%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 4:1 is lower than the Michigan state level of 17:1.
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 15 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 4:1
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in MI
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: ≥50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Wells Township School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
Wells Township School's student population of 15 students has grown by 150% over five school years.
The teacher population of 4 teachers has grown by 100% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Wells Township School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,925 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Wells Township School is 0.00, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (MI)
Overall Testing Rank
#699 out of 2925 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (19-20)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Wells Township School's ranking?
Wells Township School is ranked #699 out of 2,925 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Michigan.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% MI state average), while ≥50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% MI state average).
How many students attend Wells Township School?
15 students attend Wells Township School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
100% of Wells Township School students are White.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Wells Township School?
Wells Township School has a student ration of 4:1, which is lower than the Michigan state average of 17:1.
What grades does Wells Township School offer ?
Wells Township School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-8
What school district is Wells Township School part of?
Wells Township School is part of Wells Township School District.
Review Wells Township School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.