William Wood Elementary School
William Wood Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- William Wood Elementary School's student population of 97 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- William Wood Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#5703 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Victoria Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bloomington Bloomington J High School Grades: 6-8 | 195 students
2781 Fm 616
Bloomington, TX 77951
(361) 333-8008 1.4 6-8 195
- Victoria Victoria Regional Juvenile Justice Center Grades: 7-12 | 35 students
97 Foster Field Dr
Victoria, TX 77902
(361) 575-0399 6.7 7-12 35
- Inez Industrial El West Grades: PK-5 | 219 students
599 F M 444 S
Inez, TX 77968
(361) 284-3226 6.8 PK-5 219
- Placedo Placedo Elementary School Grades: PK-1 | 164 students
167 N Williams
Placedo, TX 77977
(361) 333-8000 7.5 PK-1 164
- Victoria Rodolfo Torres Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 533 students
4208 Lone Tree Rd
Victoria, TX 77902
(361) 788-2850 8.7 PK-5 533
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.