Wilson Elementary School
Wilson Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Wilson Elementary School's student population of 517 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||517 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wilson Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#718 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lubbock Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lubbock Hutchinson Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 854 students
Lubbock, TX 79410
(806)219-3800 0.4 6-8 854
- Lubbock Brown Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 365 students
2315 36th St
Lubbock, TX 79412
(806)219-5300 0.9 PK-5 365
- Lubbock Overton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 330 students
Lubbock, TX 79410
(806)219-6300 1.0 PK-5 330
- Lubbock Dupre Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 230 students
2008 Ave T
Lubbock, TX 79411
(806)219-5400 1.1 PK-5 230
- Lubbock Lubbock High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,979 student
2004 19th St
Lubbock, TX 79401
(806)219-1600 1.1 9-12 1,979
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.