Brown Elementary School
Brown Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Brown Elementary School's student population of 402 students has declined by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||402 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Brown Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#7127 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lubbock Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lubbock Hutchinson Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 814 students
Lubbock, TX 79410
(806)219-3800 0.6 6-8 814
- Lubbock South Plains Academy Charter High School Grades: 9-12 | 204 students
4008 Ave R
Lubbock, TX 79412
(806)744-0330 0.7 9-12 204
- Lubbock Slaton Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 534 students
1602 32nd St
Lubbock, TX 79411
(806)219-4400 0.8 6-8 534
- Lubbock Wheelock Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 386 students
3008 42nd St
Lubbock, TX 79413
(806)219-7200 0.8 PK-5 386
- Lubbock Wilson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 518 students
2807 25th St
Lubbock, TX 79410
(806)219-7500 0.9 PK-5 518
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.