Bayless Elementary School
Bayless Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Bayless Elementary School's student population of 601 students has declined by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||601 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bayless Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,953 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#4873 out of 7953 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lubbock Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lubbock Hodges Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 383 students
5001 Ave P
Lubbock, TX 79412
(806)219-5800 0.7 PK-5 383
- Lubbock Parsons Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 468 students
2811 58th St
Lubbock, TX 79413
(806)219-6400 0.8 PK-5 468
- Lubbock South Plains Academy Charter High School Grades: 9-12 | 200 students
4008 Ave R
Lubbock, TX 79412
(806)744-0330 1.2 9-12 200
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.