Parsons Elementary School
- Parsons Elementary School's student population of 468 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||468 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Parsons Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#4295 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lubbock Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lubbock Bayless Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 601 students
2115 58th St
Lubbock, TX 79412
(806) 219-5000 0.8 PK-5 601
- Lubbock Monterey High School Grades: 9-12 | 2,120 students
3211 47th St
Lubbock, TX 79413
(806) 219-1900 0.8 9-12 2,120
- Lubbock Miller Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 712 students
6705 Joliet Dr
Lubbock, TX 79413
(806) 219-8100 1.0 PK-5 712
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.