Roberts Elementary School
Roberts Elementary School serves 706 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Roberts Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 66% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 49% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Texas state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 81% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Texas state average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
Roberts Elementary School's student population of 706 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Roberts Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Roberts Elementary School is 0.55, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#2021 out of 8043 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TX Dept. of Education
Review Roberts Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Going Green: Should Public Schools Teach Green Lessons?
The eco-friendly movement has reached our public schools and charter schools. Learn about how schools are incorporating green education into their curriculum and entire charters.
Abstinence-Only Education: Does it Work?
In light of President Obama’s recent backing of abstinence-only education, we take a look at the numbers to see if this type of sex ed teaching really leads to lower pregnancy and STD rates.
August 02, 2021Post-Pandemic Tips for Public School Parents and Students
The 2020-21 school year was unlike any other and hopefully not one we’ll repeat anytime soon. The COVID-19 pandemic changed the face of America’s public education system and we’re still seeing the effects. In this article, we’ll explore the impact of the pandemic on America’s public schools, see how they responded, and talk about some tips for returning to in-person education this fall.