Colby School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public elementary schools in Colby School District, serving 598 students.
- Public elementary school in Colby School District have an average math proficiency score of 43% (versus the Wisconsin public elementary school average of 43%), and reading proficiency score of 31% (versus the 45% statewide average). This district's average elementary school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public elementary schools in Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 32% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is equal to the Wisconsin public elementary school average of 32% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Wisconsin public elementary school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Colby School District|
|School District Website||http://www.colby.k12.wi.us|
|School District Phone Number||(715)223-2301|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||1,592 Schools|
|# of Students||598 Students||570,454 Students|
|# of Teachers||46 Teachers||39,300 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
- Colby School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 426 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||7,470 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||6 Students||23,174 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||171 Students||72,836 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||56,328 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||409 Students||386,354 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||466 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||11 Students||23,827 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||37,158|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||66||54,570|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||70||57,618|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||66||58,448|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||69||60,887|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||59||61,995|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||60||62,832|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||70||61,625|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||69||51,728|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||69||51,090|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||3,026|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||2,977|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||2,988|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||3,512|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,810 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,961. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,667 is higher than the state average of $14,667. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$12 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$14 MM||$12 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,810||$14,961|
|Spending / Student||$14,667||$14,667|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.