Southwestern Wisconsin School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Southwestern Wisconsin School District serving 365 students in Hazel Green, Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Wisconsin state average of 30%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Southwestern Wisconsin School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Hazel Green Southwestern Wisconsin Elementary School1415 Fairplay St
Hazel Green, WI 53811
Grades: PK-8 | 365 students
|School District Name||Southwestern Wisconsin School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||365 students|
|# of Teachers||33 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||187 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||178 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||5 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||353 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||33|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||31|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||28|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Southwestern Wisconsin School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 439 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,045 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,923. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,948 is less than the state average of $14,711. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$12 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$12 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,045||$14,923|
|Spending / Student||$11,948||$14,711|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.