Spencer School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public schools in Spencer School District, serving 707 students. Spencer School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Wisconsin.
- Public schools in Spencer School District have an average math proficiency score of 45% (versus the Wisconsin public school average of 43%), and reading proficiency score of 56% (versus the 42% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is in the 8/10, top 30% of public schools in Wisconsin.
- Minority enrollment is 7% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Wisconsin public school average of 30% (majority Hispanic and Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the Wisconsin public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Spencer School District|
|School District Website||http://www.spencer.k12.wi.us|
|School District Phone Number||(715) 659-5347|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||2,286 Schools|
|# of Students||707 Students||861,701 Students|
|# of Teachers||49 Teachers||58,132 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
- Spencer School District, which is ranked within the8/, top 30% of all 439 school districts in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 90% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||10,619 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||34,180 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||27 Students||103,430 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||5 Students||79,006 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||657 Students||601,231 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||667 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||17 Students||32,569 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||51||55,187|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||43||56,921|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||48||57,618|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||48||58,448|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||44||60,887|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||48||61,995|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||57||62,832|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||46||61,625|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||55||61,657|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||48||62,439|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||48||66,004|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||66||64,403|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||51||64,608|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||54||67,077|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,758 in this school district is less than the state average of 14961. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,679 is less than the state average of $14,667. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WI)|
|Total Revenue||$9 MM||$2 MM|
|Spending||$9 MM||$2 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,758||14961|
|Spending / Student||$11,679||14667|
Spencer School District Public Schools (2020-21)
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.