Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 460 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 91%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in AZ
- Math Proficiency: 10-14% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 20-24% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AZ Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
10-14% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 32% AZ state average), while 20-24% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 39% AZ state average).
How many students attend Wood School?
460 students attend Wood School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
60% of Wood School students are Hispanic, 15% of students are Black, 9% of students are White, 7% of students are American Indian, 6% of students are Two or more races, and 3% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Wood School?
Wood School has a student ration of 16:1, which is lower than the Arizona state average of 17:1.
What grades does Wood School offer ?
Wood School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Wood School part of?
Wood School is part of Tempe School District (4258).
Review Wood School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities