Woodlawn Elementary School
Woodlawn Elementary School serves 754 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Woodlawn Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Tennessee for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 71% (which is higher than the Tennessee state average of 39%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 48% (which is higher than the Tennessee state average of 35%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Tennessee state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Tennessee state average of 37% (majority Black).
Woodlawn Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Tennessee for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Woodlawn Elementary School's student population of 754 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 50 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Woodlawn Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,705 schools in Tennessee (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Woodlawn Elementary School is 0.38, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (TN)
Overall Testing Rank
#148 out of 1705 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TN Dept. of Education
Don't be fooled by these fake reviews, the curriculum is sub par and if you move, your student will be behind their peers. Jenny Silver may fake caring about your kid but she would throw them to the wolves before she would ever take a single step out of the way to help them if her job isn't on the line. Every teacher in this school is lazy and heartless. From a woman whose kids went there K-5.
Review Woodlawn Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
40% of Teachers Call in Sick in Wisconsin
What happens when nearly half of a state's teachers call in "sick" for school? Learn about the turmoil between legislators and the teachers union in Wisconsin and how the rallies, protests, and fighting will set precedence for other budget-strapped states.
10 Best SAT Prep Methods
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Common Mental Health Problems in School Children and How to Address Them
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.