Wrangell High School
- Wrangell High School's student population of 91 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has declined by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wrangell High School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wrangell Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wrangell Evergreen Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 131 students
350 Bennett Street
Wrangell, AK 99929
(907)874-2321 0.1 PK-5 131
- Wrangell Stikine Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 51 students
312 Church Street
Wrangell, AK 99929
(907)874-3393 0.1 6-8 51
- Petersburg Rae C. Stedman Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 227 students
303 Dolphin Street
Petersburg, AK 99833
(907)772-4786 32.0 PK-5 227
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.