Wurtland Elementary School
- Wurtland Elementary School's student population of 238 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||238 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wurtland Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Overall School Rank||#893 out of 1,251 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Greenup County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenup Wurtland Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 333 students
700 Center Ave
Greenup, KY 41144
(606)836-0025 0.1 6-8 333
- Russell Campbell Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 335 students
550 Ram Blvd
Russell, KY 41169
(606)836-3844 2.1 PK-3 335
- Russell Raceland-worthington High School Grades: 7-12 | 458 students
500 Ram Blvd
Russell, KY 41169
(606)836-8221 2.2 7-12 458
- Worthington Worthington Elementary School Grades: 4-6 | 221 students
800 Center Ave
Worthington, KY 41183
(606)836-8014 2.5 4-6 221
- Ironton Ironton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 703 students
302 Delaware St
Ironton, OH 45638
(740)532-2209 3.8 PK-5 703
Special Needs Teacher is asume she has went above my expectation with my son. She teaches with a strong will and a special heart. Thank You Mrs. Pam
- Posted by Parent - prigg
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.