Big Horn County #3 School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Big Horn County #3 School District serving 498 students in Greybull, Wyoming.
- Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Wyoming state average of 22%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 13:1.
Big Horn County #3 School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Greybull Greybull Elementary School125 6th Avenue South
Greybull, WY 82426
Grades: K-5 | 203 students
- Greybull Greybull High School732 North 6th Street
Greybull, WY 82426
Grades: 9-12 | 182 students
- Greybull Greybull Middle School724 North 6th Street
Greybull, WY 82426
Grades: 6-8 | 113 students
|School District Name||Big Horn County #3 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||498 students|
|# of Teachers||45 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||249 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||249 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||4 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||97 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||393 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||43|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||41|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||41|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||50|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||48|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Big Horn County #3 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 48 school districts in Wyoming (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (WY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $19,004 in this school district is less than the state average of $23,878. The school district revenue/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,696 is less than the state average of $25,109. The school district spending/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (WY)|
|Total Revenue||$9 MM||$21 MM|
|Spending||$9 MM||$22 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$19,004||$23,878|
|Spending / Student||$18,696||$25,109|
Public school cafeterias are growing their salad bars, much to the delight of students' healthy bodies. Learn more about this trend in school lunches.
Learn how some states and schools are now requiring that students complete a graduation project, often either to replace or supplement an exit exam.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?