York West End Junior High School
York West End Junior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- York West End Junior High School's student population of 228 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||228 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- York West End Junior High School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1181 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sumter County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- York Sumter Central High School Grades: 9-12 | 520 students
13878 U S Highway 11
York, AL 36925
(205)652-1501 1.9 9-12 520
- Cuba Kinterbish Junior High School Grades: K-8 | 175 students
5586 Kinterbish 10
Cuba, AL 36907
(205)392-4559 7.5 K-8 175
- Livingston Livingston Junior High School Grades: PK-8 | 551 students
1351 North Washington Street
Livingston, AL 35470
(205)652-2125 11.9 PK-8 551
- Livingston Bell-brown Career Technical Center Grades: 10-12
111 Mlk Parkway
Livingston, AL 35470
(205)652-9469 15.5 10-12 n/a
- Meridian Southeast Lauderdale Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 417 students
2535 Old Highway 19 S.e.
Meridian, MS 39301
(601)485-5751 18.1 5-8 417
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.