- The student population of 341 students has declined by 12% over five years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades PK-5|
|Total Students||341 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.68 is more than the state average of 0.45. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Columbus County s School District's student population of 6,297 students has decreased by 6% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $9,194 in this district is less than the state average of $15,636. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,421 is less than the state average of $15,099. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
|School District Name||Columbus County s School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||6,297||912|
|District Total Revenue||$60 MM||$14 MM|
|District Spending||$62 MM||$14 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,194||$15,636|
|District Spending / Student||$9,421||$15,099|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RiegelwoodEast Arcadia Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-8 | 119 students
21451 Nc Hwy 87 East
Riegelwood, NC 28456
DelcoAcme Delco Middle SchoolGrades: 6-8 | 143 students
Po Box 40
Delco, NC 28436
Lake WaccamawEast Columbus High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 465 students
Po Box 401
Lake Waccamaw, NC 28450
SouthportSouth Brunswick Charter SchoolGrades: KG-2 | 87 students
4128 Vanessa Drive
Southport, NC 28461
LelandCharter Day SchoolGrades: KG-8 | 927 students
7055 Bacon's Way
Leland, NC 28451
April 22, 2017
Police departments on public school campuses have played a major role in reducing violent crime and the speed limit. Unfortunately, they are also fighting an uphill battle against budget cuts.
April 22, 2017
Which states have the most diverse public schools? We analyze our data to find how much diversity truly exists on public school campuses. Learn about the varying levels of school diversity in regions around the nation, as well as the benefits derived from ethnic diversity in schools.
April 21, 2017
Children are reading less and less in this country, and the effects of that are showing in their performance in school. However, there are a variety of ways parents can encourage their children to read – and hopefully to love reading!