Hallsboro-artesia Elementary School
Hallsboro-artesia Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Hallsboro-artesia Elementary School's student population of 387 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||387 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hallsboro-artesia Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#2160 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Columbus County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hallsboro Harlem Promise Charter School Grades: 5-8 | 379 students
Po Box 248
Hallsboro, NC 28442
(910)646-4192 2.0 5-8 379
- Lake Waccamaw East Columbus High School Grades: 9-12 | 431 students
32 Gator Lane
Lake Waccamaw, NC 28450
(910)646-4094 3.7 9-12 431
- Whiteville Edgewood Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 480 students
317 E Calhoun Street
Whiteville, NC 28472
(910)642-3121 7.7 3-5 480
- Whiteville Columbus Charter School Grades: K-8 | 867 students
35 Bacon's Way
Whiteville, NC 28472
(910)641-4042 8.1 K-8 867
Nearby Homes for Sale
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.