- Akhiok School's student population of 27 students has grown by 22% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 3 teachers has grown by 50% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Akhiok School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kodiak Island Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Old Harbor Old Harbor School Grades: K-12 | 29 students
Old Harbor, AK 99643
(907)286-2213 36.8 K-12 29
- Karluk Karluk School Grades: K-12 | 10 students
Karluk, AK 99608
(907)241-2217 42.2 K-12 10
- Port Lions Port Lions School Grades: K-12 | 12 students
Port Lions, AK 99550
(907)454-2237 78.8 K-12 12
- Kodiak Chiniak School Grades: K-12 | 26 students
36158 Chiniak Highway
Kodiak, AK 99615
(907)486-8323 86.6 K-12 26
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.