Akhiok School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Akhiok School's student population of 19 students has declined by 29% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has declined by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||19 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Akhiok School is ranked within the top 20% of all 465 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#75 out of 465 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kodiak Island Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Akhiok School is Old Harbor School (36.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Old Harbor Old Harbor School Grades: K-12 | 27 students
Old Harbor, AK 99643
(907)286-2213 36.8 K-12 27
- Karluk Karluk School Grades: K-12 | 9 students
Karluk, AK 99608
(907)241-2217 42.2 K-12 9
- Port Lions Port Lions School Grades: K-12 | 6 students
Port Lions, AK 99550
(907)454-2237 78.8 K-12 6
- Kodiak Chiniak School Grades: K-12 | 18 students
36158 Chiniak Hwy
Kodiak, AK 99615
(907)486-8323 86.6 K-12 18
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.