Old Harbor School
- Old Harbor School's student population of 29 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Old Harbor School's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has decreased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Graduation Rate (13-14)||<50%|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kodiak Island Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kodiak Akhiok School Grades: K-12 | 27 students
Kodiak, AK 99615
(907)836-2223 36.8 K-12 27
- Karluk Karluk School Grades: K-12 | 10 students
Karluk, AK 99608
(907)241-2217 47.6 K-12 10
- Port Lions Port Lions School Grades: K-12 | 12 students
Port Lions, AK 99550
(907)454-2237 48.5 K-12 12
- Kodiak Chiniak School Grades: K-12 | 26 students
36158 Chiniak Highway
Kodiak, AK 99615
(907)486-8323 50.0 K-12 26
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.