Alameda Elementary School
Alameda Elementary School serves 734 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Alameda Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Oregon for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 74% (which is higher than the Oregon state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 79% (which is higher than the Oregon state average of 54%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is higher than the Oregon state level of 19:1.
Minority enrollment is 19% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Oregon state average of 38% (majority Hispanic).
Alameda Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Oregon for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Alameda Elementary School's student population of 734 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Alameda Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,208 schools in Oregon (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Alameda Elementary School is 0.33, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.56. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (OR)
Overall Testing Rank
#39 out of 1208 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (14-15)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, OR Dept. of Education
Review Alameda Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Going Green: Should Public Schools Teach Green Lessons?
The eco-friendly movement has reached our public schools and charter schools. Learn about how schools are incorporating green education into their curriculum and entire charters.
Abstinence-Only Education: Does it Work?
In light of President Obama’s recent backing of abstinence-only education, we take a look at the numbers to see if this type of sex ed teaching really leads to lower pregnancy and STD rates.
August 02, 2021Post-Pandemic Tips for Public School Parents and Students
The 2020-21 school year was unlike any other and hopefully not one we’ll repeat anytime soon. The COVID-19 pandemic changed the face of America’s public education system and we’re still seeing the effects. In this article, we’ll explore the impact of the pandemic on America’s public schools, see how they responded, and talk about some tips for returning to in-person education this fall.