Hydaburg City School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Hydaburg City School District serving 88 students in Hydaburg, Alaska.
- Minority enrollment is 97% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is more than the Alaska state average of 52%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is less than the state average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Hydaburg City School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||88 students|
|# of Teachers||9 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
|# of Male Students||40 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||48 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||63 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||3 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||5 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||17 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||7|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||5|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||7|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Hydaburg City School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 54 school districts in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has decreased from PS% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $43,943 is higher than the state average of $27,286. The school district revenue/student has grown by 24% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $47,679 is higher than the state average of $27,481. The school district spending/student has grown by 24% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AK)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$43,943||$27,286|
|Spending / Student||$47,679||$27,481|
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.