Albany Lower Elementary School
- Albany Lower Elementary School's student population of 492 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||492 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Livingston Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albany Albany Upper Elementary School Grades: 3-4 | 294 students
29777 South Montpelier Road
Albany, LA 70711
(225) 567-5030 0.1 3-4 294
- Albany Albany High School Grades: 8-12 | 515 students
29710 Mulberry Street
Albany, LA 70711
(225) 567-9319 0.2 8-12 515
- Springfield Springfield High School Grades: 8-12 | 371 students
32000 Hwy 42
Springfield, LA 70462
(225) 294-3256 5.3 8-12 371
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.