Albany High School
- Albany High School's student population of 547 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||547 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Albany High School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#396 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Livingston Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albany Albany Lower Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 479 students
30051 West School Street
Albany, LA 70711
(225)567-9281 0.2 PK-2 479
- Albany Albany Upper Elementary School Grades: 3-4 | 308 students
29777 South Montpelier Road
Albany, LA 70711
(225)567-5030 0.3 3-4 308
- Springfield Springfield Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 535 students
25190 Blood River Road
Springfield, LA 70462
(225)294-3398 5.3 PK-4 535
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.