Independence High Magnet
Independence High Magnet places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Independence High Magnet's student population of 358 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has declined by 41% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||358 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Independence High Magnet is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,278 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1152 out of 1278 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tangipahoa Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Independence Independence Leadership Academy Grades: PK-8 | 449 students
221 Tiger Avenue
Independence, LA 70443
(985)878-4946 0.1 PK-8 449
- Independence Independence Magnet Grades: PK-8 | 307 students
300 West Second Street
Independence, LA 70443
(985)878-4376 0.7 PK-8 307
- Tickfaw Lucille Nesom Memorial Grades: PK-8 | 454 students
Hwy. 442 West
Tickfaw, LA 70466
(985)345-2166 4.0 PK-8 454
- Natalbany Midway Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 455 students
48405 Hwy. 51
Natalbany, LA 70451
(985)345-2376 5.6 PK-3 455
I absolutely would not recommend this school! The administration is pathetic.
- Posted by Parent - gllon
If you are thinking of moving to this area do not do so unless you have the means to send your children to private school. Administration and staff seriously under par.
- Posted by Parent - bibax