Independence Leadership Academy
Independence Leadership Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Independence Leadership Academy's student population of 449 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||449 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Independence Leadership Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#994 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tangipahoa Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Independence Independence Magnet Grades: PK-8 | 307 students
300 West Second Street
Independence, LA 70443
(985) 878-4376 0.6 PK-8 307
- Tickfaw Lucille Nesom Memorial Grades: PK-8 | 454 students
Hwy. 442 West
Tickfaw, LA 70466
(985) 345-2166 4.0 PK-8 454
- Natalbany Midway Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 455 students
48405 Hwy. 51
Natalbany, LA 70451
(985) 345-2376 5.6 PK-3 455
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.