Alexandria Central High School
- Alexandria Central High School's student population of 252 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 29% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||252 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alexandria Central High School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#1754 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Alexandria Central School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alexandria Bay Alexandria Central Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 296 students
34 Bolton Ave
Alexandria Bay, NY 13607
(315)482-9971 0.0 PK-6 296
- Theresa Theresa Primary School Grades: K-3 | 211 students
125 Bridge St
Theresa, NY 13691
(315)628-4432 10.0 K-3 211
- La Fargeville La Fargeville Central School Grades: PK-12 | 537 students
20414 Sunrise Ave
La Fargeville, NY 13656
(315)658-2241 10.1 PK-12 537
- Clayton Guardino Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 304 students
600 High St
Clayton, NY 13624
(315)686-5594 10.8 K-6 304
- Hammond Hammond Central School Grades: PK-12 | 287 students
51 S Main St
Hammond, NY 13646
(315)324-5931 13.0 PK-12 287
Parents around the country are partaking in the Save Our Schools March to help maintain funding for our education system. Learn more about this movement and how you can get involved.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.