Altruria Elementary School
Altruria Elementary School serves 838 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Altruria Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Tennessee for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 68% (which is higher than the Tennessee state average of 39%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 54% (which is higher than the Tennessee state average of 35%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the Tennessee state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Tennessee state average of 37% (majority Black).
Altruria Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Tennessee for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Altruria Elementary School's student population of 838 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 51 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Altruria Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,705 schools in Tennessee (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Altruria Elementary School is 0.38, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (TN)
Overall Testing Rank
#126 out of 1705 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TN Dept. of Education
Review Altruria Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
New Federal Guidelines Open School Doors to Immigrant Children
The Obama Administration recently warned states that refusing enrollment to students based on citizenship or immigration status violates federal law.
Pros and Cons of Public School Exit Exams
Learn about whether public school exit exams will be a benefit or drawback for students.
August 02, 2021Post-Pandemic Tips for Public School Parents and Students
The 2020-21 school year was unlike any other and hopefully not one we’ll repeat anytime soon. The COVID-19 pandemic changed the face of America’s public education system and we’re still seeing the effects. In this article, we’ll explore the impact of the pandemic on America’s public schools, see how they responded, and talk about some tips for returning to in-person education this fall.