Alvin C. York Institute
- Alvin C. York Institute's student population of 591 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has declined by 23% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||591 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alvin C. York Institute's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank||#343 out of 573 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Alvin C York Institute School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jamestown Pine Haven Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 489 students
800 N York Hw
Jamestown, TN 38556
(931)879-9525 0.3 PK-8 489
- Jamestown York Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 444 students
218 School Av
Jamestown, TN 38556
(931)879-5832 1.4 PK-8 444
- Allardt Allardt Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 406 students
220 Portland Av
Allardt, TN 38504
(931)879-9515 5.4 PK-8 406
- Grimsley South Fentress Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 599 students
5018 Wilder Rd
Grimsley, TN 38565
(931)863-3131 14.1 PK-8 599
- Byrdstown Pickett Co High School Grades: 9-12 | 233 students
130 Skyline Dr
Byrdstown, TN 38549
(931)864-3422 14.3 9-12 233
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.