Appleman Elementary School
- Appleman Elementary School's student population of 366 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||366 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Appleman Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1104 out of 2,835 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Benton Area SD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Benton Benton Area Mshs Grades: 7-12 | 293 students
400 Park Street
Benton, PA 17814
(570)925-2651 0.2 7-12 293
- Shickshinny Northwest Area Primary School Grades: K-3 | 257 students
417 Shickshinny Lake Rd
Shickshinny, PA 18655
(570)864-3461 7.6 K-3 257
- Millville Millville Area Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 336 students
345 School House Lane
Millville, PA 17846
(570)458-5538 9.2 7-12 336
- Shickshinny Northwest Area High School Grades: 7-12 | 490 students
243 Thorne Hill Rd
Shickshinny, PA 18655
(570)542-4126 10.0 7-12 490
- Bloomsburg Columbia-montour Avts Grades: 9-12 | 629 students
5050 Sweppenheiser Drive
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
(570)784-8040 11.7 9-12 629
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.