Appleton Elementary School
- Appleton Elementary School's student population of 414 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||414 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Appleton Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall School Rank||#599 out of 1,704 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mesa County Valley No. 51 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Appleton Elementary School is Juniper Ridge Community School (1.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grand Junction Juniper Ridge Community School Grades: K-9 | 303 students
640 24-1/2 Road
Grand Junction, CO 81502
(970)639-0884 1.8 K-9 303
- Grand Junction Pomona Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 371 students
588 25-1/2 Road
Grand Junction, CO 81505
(970)254-4990 2.9 K-5 371
- Grand Junction Redlands Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 550 students
Grand Junction, CO 81507
(970)254-7000 3.0 6-8 550
- Grand Junction Broadway Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 253 students
Grand Junction, CO 81503
(970)254-6430 3.1 PK-5 253
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.