Apponequet Regional High School
Apponequet Regional High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Apponequet Regional High School's student population of 747 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 59 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||747 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Apponequet Regional High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1671 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
- The school district of Apponequet Regional High School is Freetown-lakeville School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 397 school districts in Massachusetts (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Freetown-lakeville School District's student population of 2,835 students has decreased by 7% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 92% has decreased from 93% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $8,827 in this district is less than the state average of $20,551. The district revenue/student has declined by 32% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $8,072 is less than the state average of $19,475. The district spending/student has declined by 36% over four school years.
|School District Name||Freetown-lakeville School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||2,835||1,344|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$27 MM||$28 MM|
|District Spending||$25 MM||$26 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$8,827||$20,551|
|District Spending / Student||$8,072||$19,475|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Apponequet Regional High School is Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical High School (5.8 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Freetown-lakeville Middle School (0.3 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Freetown-lakeville Middle School (0.3 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lakeville George R Austin Intermediate School Grades: 3-5 | 492 students
112 Howland Road
Lakeville, MA 02347
(508)923-3506 0.3 3-5 492
- East Freetown Freetown Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 417 students
43 Bullock Road
East Freetown, MA 02717
(508)763-5121 2.9 PK-3 417
- Lakeville Assawompset Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 426 students
232 Main Street
Lakeville, MA 02347
(508)947-1403 4.2 K-3 426
- New Bedford Casimir Pulaski Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 703 students
1097 Braley Rd
New Bedford, MA 02745
(508)997-4511 4.9 PK-5 703