La Tierra Community Inc School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school managed by La Tierra Community Inc School District serving 99 students in Prescott, Arizona.
- Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Arizona state average of 62%.
La Tierra Community Inc School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Prescott La Tierra Community School 124 N Virginia St
Prescott, AZ 86304
Grades: K-6 | 99 students
|School District Name||La Tierra Community Inc School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||99 students|
|# of Teachers||n/a|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a|
|# of Male Students||43 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||56 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||15 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||78 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||14|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- La Tierra Community Inc School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 603 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AZ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,722 is higher than the state average of $6,786. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,443 is higher than the state average of $6,477. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|Total Revenue||$610,000||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,722||$6,786|
|Spending / Student||$11,443||$6,477|
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.