Owens School District No.6 School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school in Owens School District No.6 School District, serving 18 students.
- Public school in Owens School District No.6 School District have an average math proficiency score of 30% (versus the Arizona public school average of 42%), and reading proficiency score of 50% (versus the 42% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 50% of public schools in Arizona.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Arizona public school average of 62% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the Arizona public school average of 19:1.
|School District Name||Owens School District No.6 School District|
|School District Phone Number||(928)765-2311|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 08|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|# of Schools||1 School||2,380 Schools|
|# of Students||18 Students||1,117,354 Students|
|# of Teachers||2 Teachers||47,820 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||19:1|
- Owens School District No.6 School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 620 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AZ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||62,127 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||32,009 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||2 Students||502,895 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||59,348 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||16 Students||422,489 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||4,017 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||34,453 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||12,675|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||1||80,903|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||2||81,467|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||1||82,195|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||2||85,836|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||2||88,944|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||3||89,621|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||1||88,369|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||3||87,282|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||3||86,947|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||86,190|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||84,165|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||78,432|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||83,999|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||329|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,514 is higher than the state average of $7,839. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,378 is higher than the state average of $7,481. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|Total Revenue||$537,000||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,514||$7,839|
|Spending / Student||$15,378||$7,481|
Public schools have been the recent grounds of tuberculosis infections. Learn about the symptoms and how to protect your child from catching tuberculosis.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.