Barton-lexa School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Barton-lexa School District serving 826 students in Barton, Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 40% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Arkansas state average of 39%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Barton-lexa School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||826|
|# of Teachers||67|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12|
|# of Male Students||408|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||418|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||7|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||30|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||285|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||499|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||20|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||68|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||60|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||63|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||53|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||57|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||51|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||63|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||78|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||60|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||62|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||47|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Barton-lexa School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 256 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has decreased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,717 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,618. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,980 is higher than the state average of $11,226. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$8 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$11 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,717||$10,618|
|Spending / Student||$12,980||$11,226|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.