Bergman School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 public schools in Bergman School District, serving 1,140 students.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Arkansas public school average of 39% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the Arkansas public school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Bergman School District|
|School District Website||http://bergman.oursc.k12.ar.us|
|School District Phone Number||(870)741-5213|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||1,087 Schools|
|# of Students||1,140 Students||496,099 Students|
|# of Teachers||83 Teachers||35,801 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
- Bergman School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 261 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||14 Students||3,146 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||4 Students||8,074 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||29 Students||64,857 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||8 Students||101,315 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,084 Students||301,858 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||4,014 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 Student||12,823 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||62||16,843|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||88||36,976|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||82||36,844|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||72||36,929|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||95||37,788|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||77||38,814|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||97||38,853|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||77||36,316|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||73||36,431|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||86||36,623|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||98||37,736|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||85||37,222|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||76||35,386|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||72||33,052|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||286|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,378 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,489. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,138 is less than the state average of $10,954. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$9 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$9 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,378||$10,489|
|Spending / Student||$8,138||$10,954|
Bergman School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Bergman Elementary School 8949 Hwy 7 N
Bergman, AR 72615
Grades: PK-4 | 476 students
- Bergman High School 8949 Hwy 7 N
Bergman, AR 72615
Grades: 9-12 | 331 students
- Bergman Middle School 8949 Hwy 7 N
Bergman, AR 72615
Grades: 5-8 | 333 students
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.