Cave City School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Cave City School District serving 1,293 students in Cave City, Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Arkansas state average of 40%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Cave City School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cave City Cave City Elementary School711 N Main St
Cave City, AR 72521
Grades: PK-5 | 579 students
- Cave City Cave City High Career & Collegiate Preparatory School 711 N Main St
Cave City, AR 72521
Grades: 9-12 | 410 students
- Cave City Cave City Middle School711 N Main St
Cave City, AR 72521
Grades: 6-8 | 304 students
|School District Name||Cave City School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||989 students|
|# of Teachers||84 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||487 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||502 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||31 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||11 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||932 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||10 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||60|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||86|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||80|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||90|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||92|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||94|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||75|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||109|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||97|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||86|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||116|
|# of Ungraded Students:||4|
- Cave City School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 256 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,271 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,338. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,833 is less than the state average of $10,931. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$13 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$13 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,271||$10,338|
|Spending / Student||$8,833||$10,931|
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.