Drew Central School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 top public schools in Drew Central School District, serving 1,078 students.
- Public school in Drew Central School District have an average math proficiency score of 34% (versus Arkansas public school average of 47%), and reading proficiency score of 43% (versus 53% Arkansas statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Arkansas.
- The school with highest math proficiency is Drew Central Elementary School, with 40-44% math proficiency. Read more about public school math proficiency statistics in Arkansas or national school math proficiency statistics.
- The school with highest reading language/arts proficiency is Drew Central High School, with 45-49% reading language/arts proficiency. Read more about public school reading language/arts proficiency statistics in Arkansas or national school reading language/arts proficiency statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 34% of the student body (majority Black) , which is less than the Arkansas public school average of 39% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the Arkansas public school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Drew Central School District|
|School District Website||http://www.drewcentral.org|
|School District Phone Number||(870)367-5369|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||1,125 Schools|
|# of Students||1,078 Students||497,450 Students|
|# of Teachers||77 Teachers||36,205 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
- Drew Central School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 261 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 75-79% has decreased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||3,125 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||4 Students||8,052 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||73 Students||62,900 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||270 Students||102,712 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||709 Students||305,304 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||3,679 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||20 Students||11,680 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||81||16,216|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||76||36,963|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||90||37,307|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||77||37,815|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||70||38,650|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||70||38,686|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||67||36,441|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||79||36,769|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||68||37,175|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||97||36,992|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||73||38,676|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||79||37,156|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||95||35,294|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||56||33,085|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||225|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,170 is higher than the state average of $10,489. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,582 is higher than the state average of $10,954. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$11 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$13 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,170||$10,489|
|Spending / Student||$12,582||$10,954|
Drew Central School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | AR School Rank)
- Monticello Drew Central Elementary School 250 University Dr
Monticello, AR 71655
Grades: PK-4 | 482 students
- Monticello Drew Central High School 250 University Dr
Monticello, AR 71655
Grades: 9-12 | 324 students
- Monticello Drew Central Middle School 250 University Dr
Monticello, AR 71655
Grades: 5-8 | 301 students
The school voucher debate continues to broil throughout the country, with one Colorado school district the grounds for intense controversy. Learn about the voucher program controversy in Douglas County and how it will impact students.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.