Atkinson Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in New Hampshire for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Atkinson Academy's student population of 355 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||355 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Atkinson Academy is ranked within the top 20% of all 457 schools in New Hampshire (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NH)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Timberlane Regional School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Plaistow Pollard Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 474 students
120 Main St.
Plaistow, NH 03865
(603)382-7146 2.6 PK-5 474
- Hampstead Hampstead Central School Grades: PK-4 | 457 students
21 Emerson Ave.
Hampstead, NH 03841
(603)329-6326 3.0 PK-4 457
- Hampstead Hampstead Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 447 students
28 School St.
Hampstead, NH 03841
(603)329-6743 3.2 5-8 447
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.