Atkinson Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in New Hampshire for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Atkinson Academy's student population of 348 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||348 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Atkinson Academy is ranked within the top 20% of all 454 schools in New Hampshire (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NH)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#76 out of 454 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Timberlane Regional School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Plaistow Pollard Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 467 students
120 Main St.
Plaistow, NH 03865
(603)382-7146 2.6 PK-5 467
- Hampstead Hampstead Central School Grades: PK-4 | 464 students
21 Emerson Ave.
Hampstead, NH 03841
(603)329-6326 3.0 PK-4 464
- Hampstead Hampstead Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 415 students
28 School St.
Hampstead, NH 03841
(603)329-6743 3.2 5-8 415
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.