Audubon Elementary School
- Audubon Elementary School's student population of 247 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||247 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Audubon Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#266 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Audubon Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Audubon Audubon Middle-high School Grades: 5-12 | 282 students
800 3rd Ave
Audubon, IA 50025
(712)563-2607 0.4 5-12 282
- Exira Exira/ehk Middle School Grades: 4-8 | 163 students
105 East School St
Exira, IA 50076
(712)268-5318 9.5 4-8 163
- Elk Horn Exiraelk Horn-kimballton High School Grades: 9-12 | 142 students
4114 Madison St
Elk Horn, IA 51531
(712)764-4616 11.0 9-12 142
- Manning Ikm-manning High School Grades: 9-12 | 199 students
209 10th St
Manning, IA 51455
(712)655-3781 14.3 9-12 199
- Irwin Irwin Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 200 students
100 Eva Street
Irwin, IA 51446
(712)782-3126 15.2 PK-3 200
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.