Aurora Academy Charter School
- Aurora Academy Charter School's student population of 544 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||544 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Aurora Academy Charter School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,768 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CO)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#893 out of 1768 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Aurora Joint District No. 28 Of The Counties Of Adams And A School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Aurora Academy Charter School is Lotus School For Excellence (0.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aurora Fulton Academy Of Excellence Grades: PK-5 | 425 students
755 Fulton St
Aurora, CO 80010
(303) 364-8078 0.7 PK-5 425
- Aurora Aps Early Beginnings - A Zoom Site Grades: PK | 44 students
812 N Jamaica Street
Aurora, CO 80010
(303) 326-1018 0.8 PK 44
- Denver New America School - Lowry Grades: 9-12 | 475 students
9125 E Seventh Place Building
Denver, CO 80230
(303) 320-9854 0.8 9-12 475
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.